Monday 9 March 2009

Ups and downs

Yesterday I called Cargos breeder :) He told me a lot of things about Cargo, everything about what a great dressage horse he was etc.
Today Cargos old owner, Andrea was here, and told me some things that definitely did not fit with the breeders description!

Vaulting: Breeder said he was used for vaulting competetively for quite some time. Andrea told me he had been tried out once with the vaulting group, but his back was too short because of his giant withers (Which, btw, was where they first met him).

Jumping: Breeder said he knew free jumping and had never had bad experiences with jumps. Andrea told me she had met somebody who had had him in training for jumps because he "refused all the time" - turns out he had been utterly destroyed at a former trainer.

Dressage: "He is a dressage horse!! Knows everything!! Needs a really good rider and can do anything!!". He is not, I didnt need Andrea to tell me that. He will do it, but not exactly willingly and eager to please.

Trails: "He has never been on a trail" the breeder said, Andrea also told me how they had re-trained him. He goes really nice on the trails, except that he will stumble a bit because he is curious and looks everywhere except for in front of him.

Bah. Ah well, Pony will have a good life with me!

No comments: