Saturday 20 December 2008

Anniversary

Today it is exactly two months since that the old owners of Cargo delivered him to me. They drove him up here, and I saved a big bunch of money and time. They were happy to see the place where he would be living. Even though they were fine with the decision to sell him (He was bought to be the husbands but did not cut it for his use, parades in pedestrian areas etc., and given to his wife, who is tiny and thought he was too large), they were both wet-eyed when they had said a last goodbye to him, and when I hugged the wife she started to cry.

I rode him today, but not so much because he had just been fed and he had not been ridden for two days. It was GREAT. HE is great. I am learning so much on him, and enjoy being with him. So much is getting intuitive with him now, and he is slowly tipping over his hindquarters and not just peddling with his front legs. He is making me much better rider. Every time I have ridden him I am sorry that it is over, and just want to do it again.



Here is a picture of us at the show. I was nervous and rode MUCH too hard-handed, something that I have trouble with. I can get him to bend etc. by being hardhanded - but if I barely touch him it is much easier and he is much happier.

No comments: