Friday 12 December 2008

My legs are hurting

Today we trained for the show. Oh my.

Went out and put up the dividers in the arena because we are supposedly only riding in an 20*40 meter instead of the 20*60 the normal horse patterns are in, because this w/t class does not need more room. Cargo is deathly afraid of jumps and anything the like, but he managed really well (The dividers are "jumps"set up closely against each other).
So we got in, walked down to the dividers and sniffed them thoroughly, got up and started the warm-up, which of course consisted of many rounds around the dividers. When Lis came we started some trot work, big laps around the arena, posting the trot, trying to make him relax a bit and collect. Then 20 m. circles,10 m. circles, sitting the trot, and doing my pattern a few times. It was just better every time!! Worked on half-halts, good trot tempo, and me sitting upright!! He also started to collect himself good. I have problems with it, but as soon as I loosen up and remember to work for it he will start to collect himself.

He was so wet when we finished, wow, but no solarium today, just on with a waterproof blanket and out in the pasture. I am sure he prefers it that way too. I love that horse :-) But my legs HURT. HURT HURT. I almost cramped when I started trotting. I've suddenly started to develop muscle in my lower legs, and coupled with the fact that I have put on weight and only "just" could get my boots on when I bought Cargo (Had not used them for over a half year previous) it is getting crampalicious!

I hope we will continue that good strain we have hit, he is such a good horse and I love him to bits, really. Only in the parades, he tries to take the bit and jig away, but if he will just stand still (if I can make him, that is), I am positive we will do well.

No comments: