Tuesday 9 December 2008

Cargo, Basse & Lene

Here is Basse. Basse was a 16.2 (168) cm tall Warmblood mare who I met when a woman at the lesson barn bought her. She was so kind and beautifull, I fell in love with her instantly. Time makes things change, and a year later I was he proud owner of her.



I will surely tell more about her as time goes on, because I often miss her a lot and feel a need to talk about her. She had a good time with me, the Grand Old Lady that she was.


I bought Cargo in Oct. 2008, he was delivered the 20th with me anxiously awaiting him. He is a very tall Holsteiner gelding, but very gentle too. I had searched high and low here in Denmark for a horse that would meet my requirements of age, height, abillities and price. One day my mom sends me an E-mail with the headline "Horse Link". Huh, she is as nonhorsey as they get, I was sure my SIL or Sister had used her E-mail. But no, as my mother was searching the net for a carpet she found an online marketplace, and in the side bar there was a picture of a bay horse. So she clicked it, and saw that it was big, well-schooled, inexpensive, and resonably near us, and sent me the link. My SIL had no time to drive down there, so I got my mother to drive me down and look at him. It was a friday around noon, and by sunday afternoon I was horseowner again. Every time I have to pay something I fault my mom for finding him, but in reality it just prooves what I have always suspected.. My mother is the worlds best mother!!

Saturday we have reluctantly agreed to go to the Christmas Horseshow our Lesson Barn is putting up, and ride a Walk/Trot class. We will do it as best we can, there are several small circles and I know he can be hard to navigate on such small circles - cut the boy some slack, he is 8 and 16 inches taller than the two other participants ;)

No comments: