Wednesday 7 January 2009

Hit on the head

Oh yes! Still gritting my teeth. Came out today to the barn and promptly laid flat with my bike on the icy surface in the driveway. OUCH. Hit with my head first, and boy can I feel it. I think I went out for a second, and I found my hat and my glasses (unhurt, thank God) several feet away from me. Brought the horses to pasture, very cranky! Everywhere it was slippery, and I am happy every day Cargo comes in, unhurt.

I was not too sure I would make it to my riding lesson tonight, because I have been moved to 8 pm, and with my head and leg and shoulder hurting, well. But I thought I should, so I showed up. Good thing I did, wow did I ever learn something, and got some stuff to think about and try and practice. I did not get to trot enough (IMO) before the lesson started, but it ended up OK since we started with trotting circles. Then, trot/walk and walk/trot, sidewards movements, a little canter, sitting right - he was quite taken with us today, and I did sense Cargo moving better than usual which was affirmed by the onlookers. He was easier to ride, and, get this: My sweaty boy was not even a little wet today. I am sure it is because it was so damned cold, but huh? We must not haven ridden enough for him to sweat today, but he worked himself up good towards he end and started cantering without the cue - too smart for his own good :) I like it when he is a little "on" though, as long as it is no more than I can handle, and it certainly isnt.

No comments: