Wednesday 14 January 2009

Yes, he is perfect

Oh my, what *cant* we do?

We did an extended trot today :) Only in the beginning stages, but it was such a huge thing that he was *fast* and not sloooow. When I bought him I was told I needed spurs when doing dressage. Thats roughly 3 months ago. Time just flies by..

Turns out it was not that bad that he arrived here thin. I gave him time to fatten up, get better, we walked a lot, bonded, and he learned how to go forward without a spur in his side. By now I have to do halfhalts when he is warmed up well and goes forward! I am a so much better rider now, and I hope he is happy with me as well. I am concerned because he has taken to bite when tacking him up, and will weave a bit when I come to take him out - not much, just the head thing, but it worries me nonetheless. At least I have taken the blanket off of him now and will not have to stress him with it anymore. It only goes on for turnout on wet days.

I was so happy today that I gushed about him to my trainer/teacher and marveled at how much horse I had gotten for such a little price - he pondered and bid 800 USD more than I had given, for him! NOPE!! We had a laugh about it, and he told me he'd never expected us to progress as fast as we had. Cargo is a Saint.

He stands still with much less headtossing than before, he is much more forward, those are the two main things that have improved that were not caused by my inabillity to ride a horse.

No comments: